Kirk McElhearn has been writing about technology for more than 20 years. His first photo experiences were with film back in the 1980s, and he is interested in photography as an art as much as a craft. He is co-host of the PhotoActive podcast, as well as other podcasts about Apple products and software. His current camera of choice is a Leica Q2 Monochrom, with a Fujifilm X-E4 and XF 35mm f/2 lens for color photos.
Kirk McElhearn has been writing about technology for more than 20 years. A longtime Senior Contributor to Macworld, he has written more than two dozen books about computers and software. A prolific podcaster, he currently hosts or co-hosts a half-dozen podcasts about music, computers, photography, and more.
Kirk has a master’s degree in Teaching English as a Foreign Language from Aston University, UK.
Favorite photography subject
B&W photography and macro photography, and photography as an art. I have a large collection of photo books and a smaller collection of original prints by noted photographers.
- PhotoActive podcast Photo Active
- iCloud Photo Library needs its sync to be fixed Macworld
- How to remove GPS location data from photos on iPhone or Mac The Mac Security Blog
- Camera features on iPhone XS and XR bring new possibilities The Mac Security Blog
- The Composition of Michael Kenna’s Photographs: Leading Lines Kirkville
- The Semiotics of Black and White Photographs Kirkville
- Portfolio Kirk McElhearn