Jeanette D. Moses is a New York City–based filmmaker and photographer known for her intimate depictions of New York’s creative communities. She’s been a contributor to PopPhoto since 2014, specializing in interviews, gear reviews, and all things analog.
- Working professional shooting live music photography, portraits, film photography, video production, music videos
- Has a masters degree in journalism
- Freelance contributor to DP Review, Digital Photo Pro, Tom’s Guide, and other well-known photography outlets.
ExperienceJeanette D. Moses has been photographing the music scene in New York City since 2012 and began contributing to PopPhoto two years later in 2014. She’s had photos published in Rolling Stone, Pitchfork, SPIN, She Shreds, and Paste. Commercially, she has worked for brands such as Bud Light Seltzer, Adobe, Budweiser, Levi’s, Epitaph, Harman Audio, and T-Mobile. She has contributed stories to DP Review, Digital Photo Pro, The Phoblographer, and Tom’s Guide. In 2021 she was selected as a Dr. Marten’s Filmmaker of the Year to create a short film covering New York City’s DIY scene. She loves shooting music, tinkering with new technology, all things analog, and learning about archaic photographic processes.
EducationJeanette holds an MA in Journalism from the Craig Newmark School of Journalism at CUNY in New York City, where she specialized in visual storytelling.
Favorite photography subjectMy favorite things to photograph are portraits and live music. I also love shooting music videos.
- Dr. Martens Presents: DIY NYC Dr. Martens
- THICK - Mansplain Youtube
- Le Big Zero: Horror Movie Pie Fight Youtube
- Interview: Donna Ferrato on 50 years of photographing women DPReview
- Leica Q2 Monochrom initial review DPReview
- Sony ZV-1 review DPReview
- Portfolio Jeanette D. Moses