Instax Mini LiPlay combines the technology found in the Instax printers and the Instax cameras into a single device. Fujifilm
Fujifilm’s Instax Mini LiPlay is a super compact Instax camera that incorporates digital and analog tech into a single place. The Instax Mini LiPlay features a 2.7 inch LCD screen, has integrated digital filters and frames, remote shooting options, smartphone printing, and sound recording.
The camera essentially combines the tech of the Instax printers and the Instax cameras into a single device. The LCD screen on the Instax doubles as a viewfinder, making for more predictable framing while shooting compared to the offset rangefinder on most typical instant film cameras.
Fujifilm started dropping hints about the new camera through its Twitter account at the end of May.
Here is what we know about it:
- 1.5in CMOS sensor
- 2560 x 1920 effective pixels
- 2.7 inch LCD monitor with 230K dots
- Built in memory for approximately 45 files, takes micro SD cards for increased storage
- 28mm fixed focal length with a F/2.0 lens
- Self timer
- Voice recording up to 10 seconds, clips are played back by scanning a QR code on the print
- Weighs 255g, making it the lightest Instax ever
- Micro USB charging
The camera is available in three colors (Stone White, Elegant Black, and Blush Gold) and will be available on June 14 for $160. We’re looking forward to getting some hands on time with this one.