We may earn revenue from the products available on this page and participate in affiliate programs. Learn more ›
Tokina is releasing an updated version of its long-running and well-regarded 11-16mm F2.8 CF super-wide lens for Nikon and Canon crop-sensor DSLRs early next month. Tokina has always been a popular option for APS-C shooters due to the excellent quality and reasonable pricing. This new lens appears that it will follow suit, retailing at $449 when it hits the market next month.
Here is what else we know about it:
- 13 elements in 11 groups, including 2 aspherical lenses
- Two all-glass Low-Dispersion elements to suppress chromatic and spherical aberrations
- Super-low distortion front element to minimize vignetting
- 9 aperture blades
- New waterproof topcoat on front element for easier cleaning
- Minimum focusing distance of 11 inches
- 104° ~ 82° field of view
- Weighs approximately 1.22 lbs
- 3.3 inches long
- Available for Canon and Nikon mounts
The ultra-wide specs of this lens will make it a good choice for photographers and video shooters. Although the ultra wide field of view might seem outlandish for everyday use, this focal length can be a very nice option for photographers looking to capture landscapes, astrophotography, or architecture especially since the cropped sensor makes getting true super-wide angles more difficult. The lens will be available starting November 8.