Tokina’s ATX-M 85mm f/1.8 FE is a budget portrait lens for Sony E-mount shooters
Fast glass for people photographers.
Tokina has a new ATX-M 85mm f/1.8 lens on the way for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras. It’s the first lens for Tokina’s ATX-M line of mirrorless lenses and is a fast telephoto prime that is sure to be favored by portrait photographers and low-light shooters. Here is what else we know about this forthcoming lens.
- 10 elements form 7 groups, including 1 low dispersion lens to control chromatic aberrations
- Super Low Reflection Multi-coating prevents smudges and dust on the front element
- 9 diaphragm blades create smooth-edged bokeh
- ST-M auto-focus motor movies quickly and quietly
- All-metal focus unit offers smooth and precise autofocus
- It’s compatible with Sony’s 5-axis image stabilization, as well as Face/Eye Priority AF, Real-time Eye AF, and MF assist
- Length: 3.66 inches
- Weight: 1.42 lbs without hood or lens cap
The lens is available for pre-orders starting January 17 for $500 and is expected to be available worldwide early February. We’re excited to see what else Tokina has in store for this new line of mirrorless glass.