Tokina has announced a redesigned version of its ATX-i 100mm F2.8 1:1 Macro lens for Canon and Nikon full-frame cameras. The versatile mid-range telephoto prime is capable of life-sized reproductions on subjects 11.8 inches from the sensor plane. This style of lens is great for shooting details at a wedding or event, but also for folks who are just getting into macro photography.
Here is what else we know about it:
- 9 elements in 8 groups
- Minimum focusing distance of 4.5 inches
- 9 aperture blades for pleasant bokeh
- Multicoatings limit low light falloff, control chromatic aberration and cut down on flare and ghosting
- A One-Touch Focus Clutch Mechanism makes it easy to switch between AF and MF modes
- Directional rotation of focus ring matches the direction found on Nikon and Canon lenses
- 1.08 lbs
- 3.74 inches long
Available December 9 for $429 A macro lens like this one can be incredibly useful in certain shooting situations—like snagging a nice detail of a ring or a cake at a wedding—but isn’t going to be something that you need all the time. If you are a Canon or Nikon shooter and have been considering making a purchase of a macro lens, this budget option from Tokina seems like a great choice. You can preorder the lens starting today.