Tamron’s new 20mm F/2.8 lens for Sony cameras has a minimum focusing distance of just 4.3 inches
And a very appealing $350 price tag.
This week Tamron announced that its 20mm F/2.8 Di III OSD M1:2 prime lens for Sony E-mount cameras will be available at the end of the month. It’s the third close focusing prime that the company has released for Sony cameras, the others being the 24mm F/2.8 and the 35mm F/2.8. Here is what else we know about it:
- 10 elements form nine groups
- Seven circular aperture blades for beautiful bokeh
- Compact lens is only 2.5 inches in length
- Minimum focusing distance: 4.3 inches
- 67mm filter diameter is the same as the Tamron full-frame mirrorless lenses, making it easy to share filters
- Moisture-resistant construction and a fluorine coating cut down on front element smudges
- Weight: 0.48 lbs
The ultra-wide close-focusing prime will be available at the end of the month for $350.