A classic reportage lens for the Leica SL system
The APO-Summicron-SL 35 mm f/2 ASPH will be available this Spring.
Although a nifty-fifty might be the first prime lens that a photographer will pick up, a 35mm prime is often the next step. Its slightly wider field of view makes it a great option when shooting in tight spaces and it allows you to get closer to your subjects. It’s a quintessential focal length for street photographers.
The classic focal length will be available to Leica SL shooters this April in the form of the APO-Summicron-SL 35 mm f/2 ASPH. The lens will also work with Panasonic and Sigma bodies thanks to the L-mount alliance. Here is what else we know about it.
- 13 elements in 11 groups, including five aspherical elements
- High-quality lens coatings, including a hydrophobic Aquadura coating, cut down on reflections
- Lens barrel is sealed against dust and moisture
- Dual Syncro Drive stepping motor for speedy autofocus
- Leica says the lens travels the focus range in 250 milliseconds
- Available mid April for $4,595
While there are certainly more affordable 35mm options on the market, if you’ve already invested in a Leica SL system this pricey lens might be worth adding into your kit.