We may earn revenue from the products available on this page and participate in affiliate programs. Learn more ›
Sigma has announced that they will be soon launching some new firmware to help their lenses work more effectively with Canon’s new Rebel T6s and T6i camera.
According to the product advisory from Sigma, there is a selection of lenses that aren’t compatible with the new cameras when switched over to live view.
Here’s the list:
• 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM No. 12651501 or later
• 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC MACRO OS HSM No. 13044001 or later
• APO 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM No. 12713001 or later
• APO 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM No. 12902001 or later
• 120-300mm F2.8 DG OS HSM | Sports No. 50064494~ 50347793
• APO 150-500mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM No. 12669751 or later
• 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC MACRO OS HSM No. 12665001 or later
• 18-200mm F3.5-6.3ⅡDC OS HSM No. 12851001 or later
• 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM No. 12656101 or later
• APO 50-150mmF2.8 EX DC OS HSM No. 12839001 or later
• APO 120-300mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM No. 12676440 or later
• APO 120-400mm F4.5-5.6 DG OS HSM No. 12971601 or later
If you’re using one of those lenses and have a new camera that fits the description above, keep an eye out for a firmware update that should get your lens sorted out.