- Add support for wide gamut color spaces (JFIF version 2). Improve clarity and accuracy in color conversion modules. Note: Requires rebuild of test images.
- Extend the bit depth support to all values from 8 to 12 (BITS_IN_JSAMPLE configuration option in jmorecfg.h). jpegtran now supports N bits sample data precision with all N from 8 to 12 in a single instance. Thank to Roland Fassauer for inspiration.
- Try to resolve issues with new boolean type definition. Thank also to v4hn for suggestion.
- Enable option to use default Huffman tables for lossless compression (for hardware solution), and in this case improve lossless RGB compression with reversible color transform. Thank to Benny Alexandar for hint.
- Extend the entropy decoding structure, so that extraneous bytes between compressed scan data and following marker can be reported correctly. Thank to Nigel Tao for hint.
- Add jpegtran -wipe option and extension for -crop.
Tamron’s new 20mm F/2.8 lens for Sony cameras has a minimum focusing distance of just 4.3 inches