Maui: How Bad Do You Want It? Photo Contest
Want to get away? Enter our photo contest and you could be headed for a dream vacation on the island of Maui.
Cold weather, work, responsibility — how bad do you want to escape? If you’re dreaming of relaxing and exploring a true photographer’s paradise, five nights in the luxurious Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa on the Hawaiian island of Maui probably sounds like music to your ears.
The trip, including airfare for two from a North American gateway in the continental U.S., and a rental car to explore black- or white-sand beaches, take the drive to Hana, whale-watch on the Expedition Ferry, climb Haleakala Mountain and/or visit the nearby islands of Lana’i and Moloka’i, could be yours if you win Pop Photo’s Maui: How Bad Do You Want It? Photo Contest.
To enter, send us a picture showing how much you want to go to Maui. It must have a tropical, Hawaiian theme. Your entire house decorated in palm fronds. A pineapple relaxing on the beach. A photo of you surfing in the snow. Anything goes! You can use real photos, image-editing software… whatever you want.
One entry per person. Enter and upload your photo in the Maui 2008 folder at galleries.popphoto.com. Our editors will pick the winner based on creativity and originality, and relevance to the theme. Winner will be notified on or about April 1, 2008. See complete Contest Rules.
No purchase required. Entries will be accepted from February 1, 2008 through April 1, 2008. You must be at least 21 years of age and a legal resident of the continental United States.
For more about Maui, visit the Maui Visitors Bureau at visitmaui.com. To learn about the Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, visit waileamarriott.com.
Maui Visitors Bureau and Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa are providing: Trip for two to Maui. Roundtrip coach airfare from the U.S. mainland to Maui. Five nights accommodations at Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa. Daily compact car rental. Certificate valid a year from issue. Prize must be booked at least two months in advance. Subject to restrictions and blackout dates.
Upload DirectionsGo to the Maui 2008 folder at galleries.popphoto.com after February 1, 2008.Click on the Register link at the top of the page.Fill out all fields on the form. (Once you are registered, you will need to log in on each return visit in order to upload your photos.)Click on the “Click to upload your own image to the gallery” link. (The gallery system will resize your images for screen resolution. Only .gif, .jpg, and .jpeg files will be accepted)Make sure to add a name and caption for your photo.Photos may not immediately be visible in the online galleries. Please do not re-upload your photos.
Before you enter, please read these contest rules:
1. To enter the contest, send us one photo showing how much you want to go to Maui. It must have a tropical, Hawaiian theme. Your entire house decorated in palm fronds. A pineapple relaxing on the beach. A photo of you surfing in the snow. You can use real photos, image-editing software…whatever you want.
2. Entries can be made by uploading a photo in the Maui 2008 folder at galleries.popphoto.com. One entry per person. Entries must be received as JPEGs no larger than 200K. All entries must include the entrant’s name, address, and telephone number. All entries become the physical property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Entries may be submitted after noon ET, February 1, 2008, and must be received no later than midnight ET, April 1, 2008.
3. To be eligible to enter, you must be 21 years or older at the time of entry and a legal resident of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia. Employees of Sponsor, Hachette Filipacchi Media U.S., Inc., publisher of Popular Photography & Imaging magazine and popphoto.com web site (“Sponsor”) and their immediate families are not eligible to enter or win. Entries will be judged equally on their creativity and originality. Images depicting pornography, graphic violence, obscenity, or vulgarity are not permitted, and entries containing such images will be disqualified.
4. The staff of Popular Photography & Imaging magazine will judge the eligible entries, and entries will be scored on the equally weighted criteria of: creativity, originality, and relevance to theme. Judging will be completed, and potential winner will be selected, on or about April 1, 2008. In the event of a tie, such tied entries will be re-judged by an additional, qualified “tie-breaking” judge based on the above criteria. Sponsor reserves the right not to award all prizes in the event it receives an insufficient number of eligible entries that meet the minimum judging criteria set forth above as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Judges’ decisions in connection with all matters concerning the Contest shall be final and binding.
5. Winner will be notified by telephone or by mail on or about April 1, 2008. Winner may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility, grant of rights, and a publicity and liability release within 14 days of notification, or alternate winner will be selected (alternate will be next-highest-ranked entrant). By entering this Contest and/or accepting a prize, you agree to allow Sponsor to use your name, city and state, voice and image in connection with publication of your winning entry and for promotional purposes (except where prohibited), without review, notification or approval.
6. By entering this contest, you agree to abide by the rules of this contest and to accept the judges’ decision as final. You further agree that your entry is your own original work. Submission of an entry and/or acceptance of a prize grants Sponsor, and third parties authorized by Sponsor, the exclusive, perpetual right to publish, use, edit, adapt, modify, excerpt and/or copy the entry for any and all purposes in any and all media currently in existence or hereafter developed without further compensation to you, which includes, but is not limited to, the right to publish the entry in Popular Photography & Imaging magazine and on PopPhoto.com and to use your entry as we see fit in exhibitions and promotions of Popular Photography & Imaging magazine, as well as unlimited use by the Maui Visitors Bureau.
7. Prize: The following prize will be awarded: Five nights at the Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa in Maui. Roundtrip coach airfare for two from a North American gateway airport nearest winner’s residence, and provision of a compact rental car for use on the island for six days. Blackout dates and other restrictions may apply, and a Saturday night stay may be required. Total approximate retail value (“ARV”): $6,000 ARV may vary based upon location of winner’s residence. Airline and airports will be selected by Sponsor.
8. Prize will be awarded except for rental car portion of prize, which will be voided or forfeited in the event that winner is not eligible to receive rental car portion of prize. To be eligible to receive rental car portion of prize, winner must be 21 years of age, have a valid driver’s license, valid credit card, proof of automobile insurance in compliance with Hawaiian law, and must meet all of the standard terms and conditions of rental car agency’s agreement (rental agency and specific car to be selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion).
9. Income, and other taxes (if any), on the value of the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. All required tax-reporting forms will be issued to the IRS.
10. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
11. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process, the operation of the web site, www.PopPhoto.com, or who is otherwise in violation of the rules. Sponsor further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Contest if it is not capable of completion as planned due to, for example, infection by a computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort. In the event of early termination of the Contest, winners will be selected from all eligible entries received at the time of termination in accordance with the judging procedures described above. In no event will Sponsor be responsible for any damages or losses arising out of access to and use of the web sites or the downloading from and or printing material downloaded from said site. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete or misdirected entries. In the event of a dispute concerning the identity of a person submitting an online entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the person in whose name the e-mail account is registered.
12. Winner’s name available upon request after April 4, 2008. Send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to Sponsor: Popular Photography & Imaging Magazine — Maui: How Bad Do You Want It? Contest, Hachette Filipacchi Media U.S., Inc., 1633 Broadway, New York, NY 10019. Residents of VT may omit postage.