Nik Software has just enveiled the fourth version of Color Efex Pro, now available for pre-order on their website. Set to launch October 2011, the upgraded image editing program offers new filters, shareable filter settings, a history browser and more. Here’s the full list of new features you can expect from the software:
- Filter Combinations-Add multiple filters at once, adjust opacity, and make selective adjustments to get the desired look
- Brand New Filters-Detail Extractor, Dark Contrast, Vintage Film Efex, Natural Image Borders, and much more
- Visual Presets-Each filter contains single-click starting points making it possible to explore creative options quickly
- Style Recipes-Customize and share filter combinations with others, using recipes
- History Browser- Facilitates intuitive comparison of previous edits and different looks
- GPU Processing and Multi-Core Optimization-GPU Processing takes full advantage of the processors found on advanced display adapters providing even faster performance
- Interface, Interaction, and Workflow-Benefit from interface and interaction improvements to filters, zoom controls, shortcut keys, and much more
Nik Color Efex Pro 4 will be available in two packages. The Complete Edition comes with all 55 filters and will set you back $199.95, and the Select Edition comes 26 filters for half the price, just $99.95. If you’re already an Efex Pro user, if you have version 2 or 3 of the software you can upgrade to the Complete Edition for $99.95, and if you purchased Color Efex Pro or a Complete Collection bundle since August 7, 2011, you get the new edition for free.
The system requirement to use Color Efex Pro 4 aren’t too onerous. You need a PC running running Windows XP or newer on an AMD or Intel processor, or an Intel Mac running Mac OS 10.5.8 or newer; 2GB of RAM (4GB recommended); and Adobe® Photoshop® CS3 through CS5, Photoshop Elements 8 through 9, Adobe Photoshop Lightroom® 2.6 through 3.0 or later, or Apple® Aperture® 2.1.4 through 3.0 or later.