- Imaging: 12.3MP effective, APS-C sized CMOS sensor captures images at 4288x2848 pixels with 12 bits/color in RAW mode.
- Storage: SD/SDHC stores JPEG, DNG RAW, and RAW + JPEG files.
- Burst rate: Full-sized JPEG (Fine Mode), up to 15 shots at 3 fps; RAW, up to 4 shots at 3 fps.
- AF system: TTL contrast detection with single shot or continuous.
- Shutter speeds: 1/3200 to 180 sec (1/3-eV increments).
- Metering: 256-zone TTl metering, evaluative, centerweighted, and spot.
- Video: Records at 1280x720 at 24 fps; 640x480 at 24 fps; 320x240 at 24 fps in Motion jPeg aVi; built-in mono mic.
- ISO range: 200–3200.
- Flsah: Built-in pop-up with range from 0.7 to 9.8 feet (auto iSO).
- LCD: 3-in. TFT with 920,000-dot res.
- Output: Hi-Speed uSB 2.0, mini HDMi video, composite video.
- Battery: Rechargeable DB-90 li-ion, CIPA rating 320 shots.
- Size/weight: 4.5x2.8x3.0 in., 1.1 lb when attached to body, with SD card and battery; 2.7x2.3x2.8 in., 0.6 lb camera unit alone.
- Street price: $1,176, with gXR body; $829, camera unit only.
Tamron’s new 20mm F/2.8 lens for Sony cameras has a minimum focusing distance of just 4.3 inches