Each month the NPD Group ranks America's top-selling digital cameras based on unit sales. Here are the top-selling digital SLRs for July 2007. Also, see our digital compact rankings for July, or compare to June's Top 5 DSLRs.
1. Canon Digital Rebel XTi w/ 18-55mm lens
2. Nikon D40 w/ 18-55mm lens
3. Nikon D40x w/ 18-55mm lens
4. Canon Digital Rebel XT w/ 18-55mm lens
5. Nikon D80 w/ 18-135mm lens
Check out the PopPhoto.com Buying Guide for reviews, specs, and pricing on these models and hundreds more.
Rankings for July 2007 Source: The NPD Group
At Nikon's press conference in Tokyo last month to introduce the new Nikon D3 and D300 cameras, the company released the following market share data for the top-selling DSLRs in Japan, April-June 2007. Data was compiled by the GfK Group.
1. Canon EOS KISS Digital X (Rebel XTi) - 26%
2. Nikon D80 - 14.5%
3. Nikon D40 - 12.5%
4. Nikon D40x- 11.6%
5. Canon EOS 5D - 4.7%
1. Canon EOS KISS Digital X (Rebel XTi) - 30%
2. Nikon D40 - 14.5%
3. Nikon D80 - 13.7%
4. Nikon D40x- 12.4%
5. Canon EOS 30D - 5.5%
1. Canon EOS KISS Digital X (Rebel XTi) - 31.4%
2. Nikon D80 - 13.3%
3. Nikon D40 - 12.6%
4. Nikon D40x- 12.5%
5. Canon EOS 5D - 4.4%