Fujifilm is sponsoring the Rainforest Alliance's first annual 'Picture Sustainability Photo Contest' to raise awareness around issues of sustainability and conservation. Submit photos illustrating sustainable agriculture, forestry and tourism to www.raphotocontest.org by March 15, 2008.
Winners will be chosen from the following categories:
• Wildlife on farms, forests or other natural habitats.
• Landscapes (forests, waterways, flowers and plants, beaches, wetlands)
• Eco-tourism in Latin America (bird watching, hiking, surfing, scuba diving, kayaking and other nature activities)
• Macro (insects, flowers and plants, leafy vegetation, birds, reptiles and amphibians, mammals, textures)
• Conservation in action (people working to protect natural resources, including water, flora and fauna)
Rainforest Alliance staff members will select up to six finalists in each category, and wildlife photographer Art Wolfe will select the winning photos based on overall composition, creativity, artistic merit and relevance to the Rainforest Alliance mission.
One grand-prize winner and a guest will receive a seven-day trip to the Galapagos Islands, along with a trip to New York City in May to attend the Rainforest Alliance annual gala as a guest of Fujifilm, and a Fujifilm FinePix DSLR.
Five first prize winners, one from each category, will receive the same Fujifilm FinePix digital camera as well as a book of photographs by Art Wolfe.