NIKON LOYAL TO APS DIGITAL CAMERA SENSORS:
Contrary to erroneous Japan trade paper reports that Nikon would switch to 24x36mm digital camera sensors, a high-level Nikon exec says only APS size sensors will be used in all digital Nikons, amateur and professional. Research on 24x36mm sensors would go, on but a product is not forthcoming in their plans. He said sensor would not make the difference in picture quality. However, Nikon's digital camera plans envision a broad field of different types of digital SLRs based on the needs of the photographer-advanced amateurs, beginners, photographers requiring high operational speed, and those needing highest resolution. In terms of future megapixels, Nikon foresees the next jump from 6 megapixels will be to over 8 with non-SLRs using 3.2. Nikon will probably have a special line of small, light lenses specifically designed to cover the APS digital format.
Click on the headline to go to that part of the story.
• FUJI ACCENTS THE POSITIVE
• CANON GOES 24x36 SENSOR FOR PRO SLRS, APS FOR AMATEUR
• WILL THERE BE A MINOLTA MAXXUM DIGITAL SLR?
• WHO HAS THE SMALLEST, LIGHTEST, DIGITAL SLRS? PENTAX
• OLYMPUS PLANS FOR TWO MORE
• KYOCERA CONCENTRATES ON COMPACT DIGITAL CAMERAS
• NO, FILM AIN'T DEAD
• LIGHT EMITTING DIODES FOR PHOTOGRAPHIC LIGHTING AND CAMERA PHONE FLASH?
• DOES IMAGE STABILIZING BELONG IN THE CAMERA OR LENS?
• WILL 24x36MM DIGITAL SENSOR CAMERAS REPLACE MEDIUM FORMAT?
• DEGEEKING DIGITAL CAMERAS & INSTRUCTION BOOKS
• CAMERA PHONES REIGN TRIUMPHANT-- ZOOM LENSES AND FLASH COMING NEXT
• ECONOMY IS A-OK WITH TAMRON