A trip through the Pop Photo Time Machine.
The Presidency really takes its toll; just look at how George Bush has aged. To see how the current candidates would fare after a term in the Oval Office, we put them through the Pop Photo Time Machine. See our Photoshopped before and afters of Hillary Clinton, John McCain, and Barack Obama.
Aging takes time, even when you make it happen artificially with software. Each candidate took about four hours of retouching. To mimic the ravages of time, we did the following:
- Used the Burn and Dodge tools to deepen wrinkles and paint in age spots.
- Cloned the eyebrows and moved them lower.
- Used the Liquify filter to hollow out cheeks, make jowls, thin out lips, and enlarge ears and noses.
- For Clinton and Obama, brought in forehead wrinkles from separate photos and used the Match Color tool to blend them in.
- For Obama, painted in gray hair on top of his current hair; for Clinton, desaturated with the Sponge tool to make her grayer.
Bush 2000 photo by Archie Carpenter/drr.net
Bush 2008 photo by Ron Sachs/drr.net
Barack Obama, Photo by Kevin Dietsch/drr.net